Apples at Home
What is Apples at Home?
Apples at Home is a Home Based Childcare service that has Educators who open their homes and care for babies and young children to participate within their daily routines and activities. Our Educators build lovely, meaningful relationships with their care children in a safe and stimulating learning environment. This environment is designed to enhance each child’s individual growth and development while being a home environment.
Our Educators are fully supported by experienced, Qualified and Registered Early Childhood Teachers as Coordinators. The coordinators work with the home based Educators to ensure children receive the best care and education in our home based childcare learning environment.
The team at Apples at Home Childcare – Coordinators and Educators together- are dedicated to supporting each child to develop to their full potential and consider it our role to provide professional and caring support, also working together with parents, to give each child the best start in life.
All Educator and their homes are thoroughly safety checked to meet the Ministry of Education’s criteria. They are safe, interactive environments for children to thrive in.
0800 277 537
Looking for carers in your neighbourhood
- Quality Educators who are passionate in caring for and working with young children
- Each child has their own Portfolio, recording their time in Home based Childcare and individual learning journey
- Strict Health and Safety policies and procedures are in place ensuring Educators are aware of hazards and risks, around the home and when they go on excursions.
- Educators have consistent support working alongside fully qualified early childhood teachers as programme coordinators
- Our Educators have current first aid certificates.
- Educators have the opportunity, encouragement and support to further their formal education in Early Childhood
- Regular playgroups are held to provide opportunities for children to;
- socialise, play and engage with bigger groups of children,
- play with a variety of equipment not usually available in Educators homes,
- participate in a variety of specific curriculum areas, i.e. music, dancing, art
- transition to school programme for children aged 4 and over
- and also to support Educators with working with children, activity ideas and professional development.
At Apples our philosophy is based on ‘Growing each child through connections to Family, Community and Nature’ and we are committed to supporting families and children in our communities.
Apples also have a Childcare Centre situated in Stanmore Bay and Onehunga and believe in providing other quality childcare options for families in our community under the same Apples umbrella.