What do the Coordinators do??
At Apples at Home Childcare we have fully Qualified and Registered Early Childhood Teachers with loads of experience as our Coordinators. They have current, up to date experience and knowledge, work closely and have the support of many other early childhood professionals such as the Teaching team and Managers at Apples Childcare and Learning Centres.
They and are fully committed to ensuring our children receive the best early childhood experience possible and fully support our fabulous Educators doing what they do best!!
Our Apples Coordinators:
- Recruit, induct and support our Educators
- Enroll children/families into the service
- Provide match ups between families and Educators
- Provide appropriate emotional support and guidance to Educators and families; for example with things like Educators supporting children, settling a distressed child and assisting in conflict resolution
- Supporting Educators in responding to children’s individual and special needs, cultural values and interactions and learning activities
- Ensure all potential hazards are controlled and implement the service’s Health and Safety policy
- Carry out basic monthly Health & Safety and Hazard checks of the Educators home
- Ensure Educators implement a well-planned flexible programme and will adapt it to respond to children’s changing needs and interests that promotes a collaborative, inclusive and supportive learning environment
- Create and implement Professional Development sessions to educate and support Educators and facilitate Educator training.
- Support Educators to maintain comprehensive records.
Fully Qualified and Registered Coordinator
Kia Ora, my name is Amy and I am a fully Qualified (with a Bachelor of Education ECE) and Registered Early Childhood Teacher. I live on the glorious Hibiscus Coast with my family and am a mum to two awesome teenage boys.
I have been in the childcare industry in a variety of different facets for about 20 years now and I love being a part of children’s early years care and education. I am very passionate about ensuring children get the very best care in the very best environment in their early years for their own individual needs and ensuring they have all the available opportunities to grow to their full potential. I love working with and supporting our Educators, children and their families to create the most memorable and fabulous time in their early years.