Apples at Home
“Grow each individual child through connections to Family, Community and Nature”
We believe that children should be encouraged to learn and grow in a safe, caring and stimulating environment that recognises and appreciates each child’s individuality.
We understand that having respectful, responsive relationships with our children and their families is a key to a successful learning foundation for all children.
Auckland Wide 0800 apples 0800 277 537 email@example.com Looking for carers in your neighbourhood
- We teach our children to grow up as confident and competent learners, communicators and individuals. We believe in building positive foundation skills for each child and recognise the importance of encouraging a child’s need to explore, inquire and challenge themselves in order for them to flourish and become independent learners.
- We highly value each child and their families’ uniqueness, appreciating all they have to contribute to our Apples family. We have an open door policy and through our day to day interactions we have built strong connections with the children, their parents, family and whānau.
- Our experienced Educators are welcoming and fun! We role-model honest, friendly and reciprocal relationships with children, family/ whānau and colleagues. Our Educators know the children well and create an environment through respectful and positive interactions.
- We believe that all children need unhurried interactions, predictable routines and should be treated with respect. Children are acknowledged as reflective thinkers, explorers, and as Educators we encourage them to become capable of making sound decisions with regards to their own learning. We set up a safe environment each day which scaffolds their learning and provides them with age appropriate activities.
- We respect and value our multi-cultural diversity and our New Zealand heritage. We strive to uphold and respect the values of all children, their family/whānau and each other. Our principles and practices are underpinned with “Protection, participation and partnership” in every respect of our service. Educators and children are encouraged in the use of Te Reo Maori, including the use of Karakia (giving thanks), Waiata (songs), kíanga (phrases), and rauemi (resources).
- Our Educators home environments offers children a wide range of natural spaces, which encourage children to be a part of the living world. Children learn how to take care of the environment through caring for the earth, learning about the life cycles, growing plants and picking their own vegetables from out garden. Our children have access to water, dirt and sand which encourages their creative thinking and exploration. Our Educators home environments encourages children to develop such skills as; using their imagination, empathy, problem solving, critical thinning, negotiation, turn taking, identification, exploration and discovery.
- Educators attend professional development throughout the year which keeps them up to date with current issues and trends in early childhood education. This supports their educating practices and provides them with ongoing skills to share with the children.